These days, men are expected to be more and more fashionable, have a sense of style of their own style, and be confident and well-groomed. Most men would like to appear a little taller, more muscular, toned and broader on the chest and shoulders. A slimmer but not too slim silhouette and have a confident and assertive body language.
Today, understanding how to flatter your body type is one of the most difficult aspects of assembling a wardrobe. Dressing to your body type is a combination of accentuating the features of your body that look good and drawing eyes away from the parts you’re least happy with. The first step is to identify your body type. Here are the 5 general body types men fall into:
Trapezoid Male Body Type
- Plain crisp cotton shirts with stiff collar.
- Close-fitting clothes.
- Fabrics such as linen, denim, heavy cotton twill, and leather…
- Flat-fronted trousers and jeans.
- Slim fitting tailored trousers.
- Jackets with a good structure in fabrics.
- Double-breasted blazers or sports jackets.
Tops 5 Wardrobe Must-Haves for the Trapezoid Male Body Type
- V-necks with inserted sleeves or V-neck vests worn over shirts.
- Plain or patterned shirts with clean, uncluttered lines.
- Denim or leather jacket.
- Slim fitted corduroys.
Continue next page…