The hourglass bodyshape is considered by many to be the most desirable shape. This woman has a bust and hip measurement that are similar and a waist that is about 25.5 cm or 10″ smaller. Most commonly seen in conjunction with a balanced horizontal body. A woman with this shape is fortunate, as weight gain or loss is evenly distributed and will often go unnoticed for a long period of time. Clothing is often easy to fit and find.
- Floaty tunics and wrap-over tops and dresses.
- Accessories that add interest and reflect your personal style.
- Tailored shirts and suits that define the waist.
- Low-waisted, boot-cut or flared jeans or pants.
- A-line, sofly pleated skirts.
- Bias-cut skirts.
- Skinny jeans.
Great Tops for Hourglass Bodyshape
Great Bottoms for Hourglass Bodyshape
Great Dresses for Hourglass Bodyshape
Patterned and fitted, empire, wraps.
Top 5 Wardrobe Must-Haves for the Hourglass Bodyshape
- A great alteration place to alter a few items to get them perfect for your curvy shape.
- A great bra fit to create maximum upper body and waist leverage.
- A belt to show off your small waist.
- A perfect pair of jeans to fit your curves and height
- A fantastic figure flattering dress you can dress up or down for work or functions.
In summary, the key to dressing an hourglass bodyshape is to proportionally dress the top and bottom of your body while accentuating your waist. Say YES! to any outfit that will show off your waist! If you’re not an hourglass shape through and through, think of mixing and matching shapes to find the right fit for you. These dressing guidelines are best used as a starting point! Check out my blog on other bodyshapes for women!
I love hearing from you, if you have any feedback, opinions or questions please comment below and If you enjoyed this post and know someone who could do with this information please share it with them by clicking on the share button below.