The triangle bodyshape (also known as pear shape) is one of the two most common female horizontal body types. The body is larger below the waist than above. This woman does not necessarily have a large hipline, rather it is often her proportionally small bust line which makes her appear triangular. Women who have short-legs and a long torso, or are a balanced vertical body type commonly have a triangle body shape.
- Tops or jackets that are brighter or lighter in colour, patterned or with horizontal stripes.
- Striking necklaces or scarves that bring attention to your upper body.
- Jackets with interesting detailing and structured shoulders.
- Tops or blouses with ruffles or other embellishments around the neckline.
- Straight trousers or skirts in a darker or solid colour.
- Plain A-line skirts that fall just below the knee and skim the bottom half.
- Lower waisted trousers.
- Heels to add height and glamour.
Great Tops for Triangle Bodyshape
Great Bottoms for Triangle Bodyshape
Great Dresses for Triangle Bodyshape
Top 5 Wardrobe Must-Haves for the Triangle Bodyshape…
- A great pair of dark coloured pants or jeans.
- A jacket with detailing near the shoulder that will work on a dress, jeans, skirt and pants.
- A fantastic belt to cinch your waist.
- A nice collection of scarves that inspire you.
- Accessories to help you bring the attention to your upper body.
In summary, the key to dressing a triangle bodyshape is to enhance and add volume (or the illusion of volume) to your upper body while emphasizing your waist and de-emphasizing your lower body to create a balanced, hourglass appearance. These dressing guidelines are best used as a starting point! Check out my blog on other bodyshapes for women!
I love hearing from you, if you have any feedback, opinions or questions please comment below and If you enjoyed this post and know someone who could do with this information please share it with them by clicking on the share button below.