Women with round bodyshape (also known as apple bodyshape) tend to store weight around the tummy and upper body, although this does not always mean a curvy bottom. Legs can often (for some) be long and shapely. The line and design of your top will make or break how much slimmer you look.
- Tops and jackets with structured shoulders.
- Straight long tunics that taper at the waist and flare out slightly with darts, side vents or slits.
- Tops with open scooped necklines.
- Trousers that are flat-fronted, with no pleats or side fastenings.
- Gently flared A-line skirts and dresses.
- Soft, light, flowing fabrics that soften the shape.
- Outfits in one colour from head to toe (preferably darker colors).
Great Tops for Round Bodyshape
Great Bottoms for Round Bodyshape
Great Dresses for Round Bodyshape
Top 5 Wardrobe Must-Haves for the Round Bodyshape
- A great coat with structured shoulders.
- Patterned tops in great colours with a focus on vertical stripes.
- Minimizing bras and all-in-one shape underwear.
- Dark colored long, fluid pair of pants.
- Great longer necklaces.
In summary, the key to dressing a round bodyshape is to de-emphasize your midsection and create a more defined waist. This is achieved by choosing clothing that add curves and fullness to your lower body and tops that taper to a waist. These dressing guidelines are best used as a starting point! Check out my blog on other bodyshapes for women!
I love hearing from you, if you have any feedback, opinions or questions please comment below and If you enjoyed this post and know someone who could do with this information please share it with them by clicking on the share button below.