Rectangle bodyshape is another very common figure shape. These women have little or no waistline definition. Long-legged and balanced horizontal body types most commonly have this shape. Some hourglass figures may become a rectangle with weight gain and/or maturity.
- Wrap around tops and dresses.
- Fitted, tailored shirts.
- Feminine and fitted tops over a shapely bra.
- Gently tailored jackets.
- Low-waisted trousers with boot-cut or flare style.
- Skirts that are A-line or full shape.
- Bias-cut skirts that create curves.
Great Tops for Rectangle Bodyshape
Deep V-necklines, peplum, scoop necklines.
Great Bottoms for Rectangle Bodyshape
A-lines, full skirt, flare hems.
Great Dresses for Rectangle Bodyshape
Top 5 Wardrobe Must-Haves for the Rectangle Bodyshape…
- A great dress that shapes your waist nicely.
- A well-fitting pair of jeans is a must.
- A long pendant to dress up your tops.
- Belts to define your waist line.
- A nice light-weight shapely coat you can wear over jeans, a dress or to the office.
In summary, the key to dressing a rectangle bodyshape is to proportionally dress the top and bottom of your body while enhancing your waist. If you are comfortable doing so, you can wear form fitting clothing (such as a tube-type dress) and create a waist by adding a wide, dark belt. These dressing guidelines are best used as a starting point! Check out my blog on other bodyshapes for women!
I love hearing from you, if you have any feedback, opinions or questions please comment below and If you enjoyed this post and know someone who could do with this information please share it with them by clicking on the share button below.